Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Firsts and Lasts

In these last couple days before I move to El Salvador I have encountered a lot of lasts:
  • Last sign language lesson
  • Last church service at home
  • Last youth party
  • Last full day at home
  • Etc.
Wow, maybe I shouldn't think about this too much or I'm gonna be even more sad. :) But anyway, then I also had to think of a lot of firsts:
  • First time away from home for more than 6 weeks
  • First time flying by myself
  • First time being an actual teacher (!)
  • First time doing VS in another country (always something I hoped I would be able to do)
I think I'm gonna try to focus on the second list, then maybe it won't be quite as bad. It might actually be helping a little now, come to think of it!

So I hope (notice I said hope) this blog will be updated at least once a month as a means for all you fine people out there who are interested to keep in touch with what I'm doing. Also feel free to email me at samuel@mikesclan.com if you have comments or suggestions. 

I appreciate all your prayers and support very much--it means a great deal to me to know that I have all these people looking out for me. God bless you all!

The property of the deaf school where I will be working. The school
 building is on the far left. The house is in the background behind the
blue building on the right.

My students (left to right): Joel, Jairo, and Eduardo. They are ages 7, 6 and 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment